Welcome to Vital Business
- Performance coaching
- Leadership coaching with a robust leadership model
- Communication skills for thriving in change
- Coaching skills training
- Develop a Coaching Culture, where "being coached" is part of the internal workings of the day to day business environment.
- Increase the value of your training dollars by adding a coaching component for increased retention, integration, and accountability in new learning.¹
About Vital Business
Originally started in 2004 as a loose collaboration between corporate and executive coach Liz Dallas and business coach Lea Belair, Vital Business became a full-fledged division of the Coaching Center of Vermont in 2008. In serving the needs of corporations and businesses, it pulls from all the assets of our bricks and mortar company presence in Essex Junction, Vermont and our skilled cadre of professional coaches, as a scalable and robust approach to bringing coaching into the workplace.
The 80/20 Rule of Thumb:
- 88 percent was the amount of increased productivity when one-to-one coaching (for eight weeks) was added to a training intervention with managers. Manager productivity increased by only 22 percent with just training alone. (Source: Olivero, G., Bane, K.D., and Kopelman, R.E. (Winter, 1997). Executive coaching as a transfer of training tool: Effects on productivity in a public agency. Public Personnel Management, 26, 4, 461-469.)
- An 87% drop off in skills occurred as a result of training that did not include follow-up coaching as estimated by the Xerox Corporation. Source: Rey Carr, Coaching Statistics Report, (2005).
- Coaching is an investment that you make in developing your key resource, people, for the long-term benefit of the organization. About 6 out of 10 (59%) organizations currently offer coaching or other developmental counseling to their managers and executives, according to a nationwide survey of more than 300 companies by Manchester, a human capital consulting firm. Another 20% of organizations said they plan to offer such coaching within the next year.
¹Coaching is the art of improving performance... Add coaching to training and people learn more - up to 6 times as much in some cases. Also, key measurements such as return on investment are showing significant results (ROI X 17 in a recent study!). Source: Driving Organizational Change (2007) David Rock and Ruth Donde.
We’re a proud sponsor of the Vermont Family Business Initiative, which serves family business owners, next generation leaders and key employees through education and affinity groups. Through this partnership, we’re able to guide Vermont family and privately owned businesses through transition, succession, and financial planning issues.
Some of the companies and organizations Vital Business has worked with:
Green Mountain Power, Vermont Agency of Transportation, National Life Insurance Company, Burton Snowboards, Physicians Computer Company, Women's Rural Entrepreneurial Network, the University of Vermont, Vermont Business Center, and The Howard Center.